5 Reasons to Use an I-9 Service
HR representatives and hiring managers have long struggled to complete Section 2 of the Form I-9 on-time and correctly. That’s because it’s a time-sensitive process that can often derail managers from their primary duties. Fortunately, there are services that provide alternative ways to help complete the form.
Help with I-9s, Even Section 2
An electronic I-9 service that includes the option of using a trained network of Section 2 completers can not only help eliminate errors, but it can also reduce your staff’s burden of getting I-9s done right and on time.
Top Benefits for Employers
There are numerous benefits for employers who use an I-9 service like the I-9 Anywhere service from Equifax. Here are some of the most popular advantages:
- Accuracy – Certain aspects of employment authorization, such as document combinations, can be complex and error-prone. However, completer networks can often increase accuracy rates because they’re trained to complete the form correctly.
- Timeliness– Section 2 of the Form I-9 must be completed within three business days of the first day for pay. Therefore, this can take a toll on HR representatives or managers who have other job priorities and deadlines. Fortunately, I-9 Anywhere eases that burden by allowing new hires to schedule a convenient time and place to complete their Form I-9.
- Mass hiring events– When onboarding multiple new hires in a concentrated amount of time, the pressure can mount on internal managers or HR representatives. By using external I-9 experts to help complete the forms correctly, internal resources are freed up for other things.
- Remote hiring– A remote employee may not be near a location with an on-site HR representative, or a trained hiring manager. A network of trained local completers can help get your remote new hire I-9s completed in an efficient, compliant manner.
- Better employee experience – Leveraging a network of local completers can ease the burden of I-9 completion from your hiring managers. Additionally, your new hires can have a better experience when completing their Form I-9 at a convenient time and location.
Listen to our podcast to find out about additional benefits and use cases that can help your organization be more successful.
Recommended For You
What should employers do with an employee’s Form I-9 after the employee leaves the company? It’s a best practice that […]
The reverification of Form I-9s can be a daunting task for any employer. It’s a complex requirement with many rules […]
Who is this podcast for? Are you an employer or HR representative who would like help to save time, reduce […]
Enforcement on the Rise; Learn How to Help Prevent a Costly Surprise I-9 enforcement has increased significantly over the summer. […]