Florida Launches CONNECT System – Workforce Solutions Client Action Required
The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) is launching its new unemployment benefits system – CONNECT – today, October 15, 2013. With the deployment of this new system, certain online actions are required of employers and third party administrators, not only for access to CONNECT, but in order for unemployment matters to continue smoothly.
Neither employers nor TPAs had access to the CONNECT system prior to October 15, 2013, so our clients need to now take the necessary action to ensure that we can continue to deliver unemployment services to you. Highlights are as follows:
- The DEO has rebranded the Unemployment Compensation Program as the Reemployment Assistance Program (RA), so all information regarding CONNECT and other unemployment matters will bear the new name.
- The DEO mailed two letters to Florida employers. The first one contains general information about CONNECT and login instructions (see attached.) The second letter contains a link to CONNECT and a unique password for each employer to be able to complete the login process. Please retain both letters.
- The general login instructions in the first letter say an employer’s User ID for CONNECT will be the letters “e” and “p” followed by the number zero and the employer’s Reemployment Assistance Employer Account Number (EAN) – this is your state unemployment account number. For example, if your EAN is 123456, your CONNECT User ID would be ep0123456
- Any DEO employer letters received by Equifax Workforce Solutions have been forwarded to our clients with an insert to retain the notice and that additional information is forthcoming.
- We are currently issuing communications to our clients, under separate cover, that contain our TPA ID number and instructions on how to log into CONNECT and designate us as your TPA and assign functions/tasks to us.
Details regarding CONNECT, including employer-specific information can be found here.
The DEO has advised that they will still mail paper unemployment documents to us via the U.S. Postal Service, and we may continue to respond to claim forms by fax and postal mail. An online response through CONECT is not required. The DEO has also indicated that they will be ready to go live with us on the SIDES electronic claims program in March 2014.
Questions regarding CONNECT login/credentials issues should be directed to the DEO Employer Contact Center at 877-846-8770.
Recommended For You
How do you relax and concentrate on simply answering questions if you’re testifying in an unemployment hearing? Monthly Video Series: […]
A violation of your organization’s drug-free policies can seem like an open and shut case, but is it? Monthly Video […]
A picture is worth a thousand words, but what if it’s a telephone hearing? Monthly Video Series: 5 of 12 […]
Case Analysis: Claimant was absent from the work area and found “resting” in locker room Background A company discharged its employee […]