Adapting Hiring Practices to Meet Retail Industry Shifts
You’ve whittled down applications and resumes, your candidate nailed the interview, and now you’re left thinking you’ve found your “purple squirrel.” You know, the ideal candidate whose experience and qualifications align with your organization’s requirements. Not so fast. Although it can be tempting to quickly move through or cut corners on the vetting process, you don’t want to find yourself in a negligent hiring or high turnover situation.
Do you ever find yourself asking questions like:
- What are the best hiring practices?
- Where should I focus?
- How can I efficiently find qualified candidates?
- Is it an industry problem or an organization problem?
If your answer is “yes,” then this news roundup is for you. We’re highlighting what’s in store for the retail industry and how conducting Pre-employment Verifications with Equifax can help support your hiring decisions.
So, let’s get started.
Starting off the year focused on customer experience
- This is What the Retail Industry Is Talking about Now “No matter how many whiz-bang gizmos you put in a store, they are only effective if the store associate knows how to use them and has the right interaction with a customer.”
Forbes | Richard Kestenbaum
January 28, 2018
The secret to excellent customer experience
- 2018 Is the Year of Technology in Retail, But Don’t Forget the Customer Experience “Essentially, the most straight-forward secret to providing an excellent customer experience revolves around the role of in-store staff. It may sound obvious but having staff with an exceptionally friendly demeanor and a far-reaching knowledge of what they are selling is the easiest way to ensure that customers make a purchase.
Retail Marketing Group | Consumer Engagement, Field Marketing
March 2, 2018
Looking ahead at what’s next for retail
- Retail Trends Taking Shape in 2018 “Big changes also are on the horizon for retail workers, who make up 10% of all workers. Retailers are rethinking how workers are prepared for customer-facing roles.”
Forbes | Tom McGee
April 3, 2018
Customer experience is a hot topic in 2018
- Technology Roles Are Fastest-Growing Jobs in Retail “However, retailers that are focusing on the customer experience, investing in better training of associates and integrating IT systems across channels, will continue to succeed.”
SHRM | Roy Maurer
Align your hiring practices to accommodate these industry shifts
As the talent pools shrink, competition is fiercer. As a result, it’s difficult to attract, hire, and retain quality talent. Therefore, retailers are exploring new ways to simplify the process of identifying quality candidates.
Certainly, retailers will expand their focus on customer experience and service. So it’s critical that retailers can verify that a candidate knows the product offerings and can be customer-facing.
In this eBook, we’ll examine the impact of living in an age where vetting candidates can truly make a difference in your hiring efforts.
Finally, read this blog post by Madaline Laurano, co-founder of Aptitude Research Partners. She explains why background screening and employment verifications are among the most strategic investments employers can make.
Recommended For You
Today’s hiring world is fast-paced and competitive. So, it’s not surprising that many candidates may exaggerate or falsify their employment […]
As organizations face fierce competition to attract and retain top talent, HR and talent professionals in the transportation industry are […]
3 Reasons Why Background Screening and Employment Verifications Are Strategic Investments for Employers
Because of her vast, unique experience in the talent acquisition market, we asked Madeline Laurano, co-founder of Aptitude Research Partners, […]
Equifax Workforce Solutions wins 2018 Canadian HR Reporter Readers’ Choice Award for Pre-Employment Screening Services
We are truly honoured to announce that Equifax Workforce Solutions has been chosen by the readers of Canadian HR Reporter, […]