Insights on US International Travelers
White Paper Discusses Forecasts, Consumer Profiles, Spending Patterns and Key Segments
IXI Services has teamed up with EyeforTravel, a UK-based travel consultancy, to produce an in-depth look at the trends, behavior and demographics associated with US consumers who travel abroad. The US Outbound Travel in 2016 white paper addresses not only the overall outlook for the US international traveler but analyzes them at a detailed level. This white paper brings together IXITM Services’ proprietary data, providing insight on more than 120 million US households, with EyeforTravel’s industry insights, to provide an assessment of core groups of regular US outbound consumers.
Marketers can gain significant insights from segmenting consumers and examining their habits.
Segmentation can allow marketers to drill down into consumers’ travel behaviors including a better understanding of purchase history, location and lifestyle habits. It can also provide insight into additional behavioral patterns through which marketing can be implemented. Media consumption, device usage, vacation research channels, shopping habits, leisure activities, and advertising preferences can all be obtained and analyzed to help improve marketing effectiveness.
For example, let’s look at some key statistics from one of the core groups – Consuming on Credit:
- These young (20-34) travelers have higher credit usage and 48% of total estimated income available for discretionary spending.
- Their median estimated household income is $75,900
- Around 25% have traveled outside the US in the last 3 years, most frequently Mexico, the Bahamas and other Caribbean islands, and 72% will return to favorite destination as often as possible
- 47% book travel less than 3 months in advance
- 68% prefer package deals for ease of planning
- 28% interact with apps and like to be reached via mobile advertising
- 25% like to connect with brands on social media and 31% like to post product and service reviews online.
Source: EyeforTravel; IXI Economic Cohorts; GfK MRI (Doublebase Survey of the American Consumer)
Information like this, and many other facets of US outbound travelers, are detailed in the white paper. If you want to improve your customer identification, relevancy and segmentation to reach frequent US travelers then this is a business-critical white paper.
Recommended For You
The latest advanced data technology and targeted marketing resources are poised to potentially make 2020 the most wonderful time of […]
Who has the Financial Capacity to Buy this Holiday Season? During the holiday season, automotive ads and promotions used to […]
COVID-19 Gives New Meaning to Life Insurance Awareness Month September is Life Insurance Awareness Month, and there is no better […]
The last six months have been a wild ride for auto marketers – auto loan marketers included. After coming to […]