Equifax Workforce Solutions to Host Webinar on Form I-9 and E-Verify Compliance Issues
Join Equifax Workforce Solutions for a free webinar focused on Form I-9 and E-Verify compliance issues.
Date: Thursday, May 29, 2014
Time: 2:00 PM ET, 1:00 PM CT, 12:00 PM MT, 11:00 AM PT
Leading the discussion will be Montserrat Miller, Partner with Arnall Golden Gregory LLP, who will cover employer’s compliance with federal immigration law as well as state E-Verify mandates. Ms. Miller has extensive experience representing clients who are the subject of Department of Homeland Security (DHS) investigations looking into their Form I-9 compliance as well as providing legal counsel on employers’ responsibilities and their potential exposure for immigration law violations.
This session will cover the following Form I-9 and E-Verify topics:
- Remote I-9 hires and challenges in the process of completing Section 2
- Issuance of state driver’s licenses and identification documents to undocumented individuals and how employers should handle these when used for Form I-9 purposes
- State E-Verify laws
- What to expect in a DHS – Immigration and Customs Enforcement investigation
- Penalties associated with noncompliance
- Best practices toward greater Form I-9 and E-Verify compliance
- What the future holds – the future of comprehensive immigration reform in Washington, DC
Jason Fry, a Senior Director at Equifax Workforce Solutions, will add perspective on recent legislative developments.
Recommended For You
Federal Agencies Continue to Operate President Trump signed a critical spending bill into law on February 15, 2019. After two […]
Last Update: January 25, 2019 An agreement has been reached to end the partial government shutdown. A three-week continuing resolution […]
Last update: January 25, 2019. An agreement has been reached to end the partial government shutdown. A three-week continuing resolution […]
Human capital management is ever changing. Managing employees throughout the lifecycle includes complicated processes, like keeping up with changing legislation […]