Equifax Workforce Solutions to Host Webinar on Form I-9 and E-Verify Compliance Issues
Join Equifax Workforce Solutions for a free webinar focused on Form I-9 and E-Verify compliance issues.
Date: Thursday, May 29, 2014
Time: 2:00 PM ET, 1:00 PM CT, 12:00 PM MT, 11:00 AM PT
Leading the discussion will be Montserrat Miller, Partner with Arnall Golden Gregory LLP, who will cover employer’s compliance with federal immigration law as well as state E-Verify mandates. Ms. Miller has extensive experience representing clients who are the subject of Department of Homeland Security (DHS) investigations looking into their Form I-9 compliance as well as providing legal counsel on employers’ responsibilities and their potential exposure for immigration law violations.
This session will cover the following Form I-9 and E-Verify topics:
- Remote I-9 hires and challenges in the process of completing Section 2
- Issuance of state driver’s licenses and identification documents to undocumented individuals and how employers should handle these when used for Form I-9 purposes
- State E-Verify laws
- What to expect in a DHS – Immigration and Customs Enforcement investigation
- Penalties associated with noncompliance
- Best practices toward greater Form I-9 and E-Verify compliance
- What the future holds – the future of comprehensive immigration reform in Washington, DC
Jason Fry, a Senior Director at Equifax Workforce Solutions, will add perspective on recent legislative developments.
Recommended For You
Who is this podcast for? Are you an employer or HR representative who would like help to save time, reduce […]
Enforcement on the Rise; Learn How to Help Prevent a Costly Surprise I-9 enforcement has increased significantly over the summer. […]
Federal Agencies Continue to Operate President Trump signed a critical spending bill into law on February 15, 2019. After two […]
Last Update: January 25, 2019 An agreement has been reached to end the partial government shutdown. A three-week continuing resolution […]