Equifax Workforce Solutions to Host Webinar on Form I-9 and E-Verify Compliance Issues
Join Equifax Workforce Solutions for a free webinar focused on Form I-9 and E-Verify compliance issues.
Date: Thursday, May 29, 2014
Time: 2:00 PM ET, 1:00 PM CT, 12:00 PM MT, 11:00 AM PT
Leading the discussion will be Montserrat Miller, Partner with Arnall Golden Gregory LLP, who will cover employer’s compliance with federal immigration law as well as state E-Verify mandates. Ms. Miller has extensive experience representing clients who are the subject of Department of Homeland Security (DHS) investigations looking into their Form I-9 compliance as well as providing legal counsel on employers’ responsibilities and their potential exposure for immigration law violations.
This session will cover the following Form I-9 and E-Verify topics:
- Remote I-9 hires and challenges in the process of completing Section 2
- Issuance of state driver’s licenses and identification documents to undocumented individuals and how employers should handle these when used for Form I-9 purposes
- State E-Verify laws
- What to expect in a DHS – Immigration and Customs Enforcement investigation
- Penalties associated with noncompliance
- Best practices toward greater Form I-9 and E-Verify compliance
- What the future holds – the future of comprehensive immigration reform in Washington, DC
Jason Fry, a Senior Director at Equifax Workforce Solutions, will add perspective on recent legislative developments.
Recommended For You
Mandatory E-Verify Type System Proposed for Agriculture On December 11, 2019, the House of Representatives approved H.R. 5038, the Farm […]
Who is this podcast for? Are you an employer or HR representative who would like help to save time, reduce […]
Enforcement on the Rise; Learn How to Help Prevent a Costly Surprise I-9 enforcement has increased significantly over the summer. […]
Federal Agencies Continue to Operate President Trump signed a critical spending bill into law on February 15, 2019. After two […]