Sample Letter 227 Added to IRS Website, Closes Loop in ESRP Inquiries
Recently, the IRS added a new page to their website – Understanding Your Letter 227 – offering new samples of Letters 227. These five samples (Letters 227-J through -N) show the various responses that the IRS is using to acknowledge ESRP inquiries and provide employers with next steps regarding proposed ESRP amounts noted on the Letter 226-J sent to that employer. Additionally, the IRS has offered helpful sections on this page such as “What you need to do,” “You may want to,” and “Answers to Common Questions” to further support employers in receipt of a Letter 227.
This update to their processes and website is another indicator that the IRS is continually refining and improving the collection and management of ESRPs (ACA penalties/fines).
Is your organization confident that your current ACA management provider could support you through an IRS inquiry? If not, now may be the time to consider a change.
Equifax can provide end-to-end offerings to complement our award-winning ACA Management Solution, including:
- A dedicated, knowledgeable ACA customer support team
- Efficient onboarding options to suit employers’ varying needs
- Tax Form Management offers employees convenient online access to their 1095s
- ACA Training Packages help HR team members get up to speed with legislation and software
- ACA Subsidy Management Service helps employers avoid unnecessary penalties
- ACA Fine Management Services helps provide extra support should you be faced with an IRS inquiry
To learn more about our ACA Management offerings, please contact our specialized ACA team today.
Recommended For You
This week, two important events took place in the world of the Affordable Care Act (ACA): Employers began receiving Letter […]
In Spring 2018, the office of the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) released the final report of an […]
We’re counting down to the HR Technology Conference & Expo in Las Vegas from Sept. 11-14. HR Tech always delivers […]
Background Per ACA regulations, to avoid compliance risk under Internal Revenue Code section 4980H, an Applicable Large Employer (ALE) — […]