Journey Through an ICE I-9 Audit
Are You Prepared for an ICE I-9 Audit?
Did you know that 76% of paper-based Form I-9s contain errors that can lead to fines from Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)? That’s according to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). In fact, penalties for administrative mistakes range from $230 to $2,292 per form. If an ICE I-9 audit reveals that the employer knowingly hired or continued to employ an unauthorized worker, possible fines range from $573 to $22,297. And there are other risks that employers should consider, such as administrative arrests, negative PR and business disruption.
Enforcement a High Priority for Trump Administration
We expect the Trump Administration to keep enforcement efforts a high priority, as stated in the President’s “Buy American, Hire American” executive order.
“I want the government to look at our employment-based immigration practices, look at the laws, look at the regulations, look at the policies, see where we can tighten things up a little bit more, so we are protecting U.S. workers,” said President Trump.
Answer These Important Questions
As someone hiring employees in the U.S., you should be able to answer the following questions:
- What should I do if I receive an I-9 inspection notice?
- Am I prepared to turn over all I-9’s in just three business days?
- Do I have the proper systems and processes in place to handle this?
- How does the I-9 audit process work?
- What can I do to make sure I’m ready?
Learn to Respond More Quickly to an Audit
View our free on-demand webinar: Journey Through an ICE I-9 Audit.
Our Form I-9 experts will break down the ICE I-9 audit process into easy-to-follow steps so you can better prepare yourself and your organization to respond quickly and effectively.
Key takeaways include:
- Understanding the ICE I-9 audit process
- Knowledge of the agencies enforcing I-9 compliance and how they work together
- Steps you can take to help prepare for an I-9 audit
- Insight on the new Form I-9 and important deadlines
- A brief demo of the award-winning I-9 Anywhere service to see how you can help make I-9s easier for your employees
Recommended For You
Brace for More Workforce Enforcement Efforts Note: ICE has extended notice of inspection response times due to Coronavirus disruptions. Read […]
DHS Offers Option for Remote Section 2 Completion On March 20 the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced it is […]
New Form I-9 The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) released a new version of Form I-9 on January 31. […]
We live and breathe technology, data and analytics, and our passion is providing insights that help you make more informed […]