Webinar Summary: Brent Gow of Starbucks – Spring Cleaning for Your Unemployment Accounts
In our recent webinar, Brent Gow of Starbucks discussed key action items to consider in coming months to make sure your SUI rates are as low as they could be. Brent is a former APA president, author, and industry veteran. He’s well known for the process steps and teamwork he’s established at Starbucks for unemployment cost management and for the enviable record of success he’s compiled. Sheldon Jackson, Director of Product Management at Equifax joined Brent to provide an overview of unemployment insurance trends, highlighting issues such as states with outstanding Title VII loans and states facing FUTA tax increases.
Topics covered on the webinar include:
- Reviewing state notices that show errors in your account and possible actions to take
- Making sure state returns don’t result in higher federal (FUTA) rates
- Targeting states for priority action based on state UI balances
- Managing vendor relationships
- Identifying opportunities for voluntary contributions
- Recognizing key metrics to track and communicating internally on the financial impact
Click here to access a webinar recap and slides.
To learn how Equifax can help your organization with Unemployment Cost Management and Employment Tax Services, contact Pete Krieshok at pete.krieshok@Equifax.com.
Recommended For You
Why You Shouldn’t Overlook Unemployment Benefit Charge Checking Is your company truly able to uncover and recover overpayments of unemployment […]
When can employees collect unemployment for quitting under good cause? What constitutes good cause for quitting? Monthly Video Series: 10 […]
How do you know if your organization is close to maximizing its full WOTC potential? Hopefully, your organization is taking […]
Is your company leaving free money on the table? The answer is likely to be “yes” if you’re not screening […]